- To submit an application, you will need to create a free Submittable account or sign in with Google or Facebook credentials.
- You can save a draft of your work if you would like to finish filling out the application at a later date.
- If you need to make changes to the information you submitted, please request to edit the submission. You may also withdraw your submission and resubmit.
- Submittable works best on Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Internet Explorer is not supported. Please make sure you are using a supported browser.
- Applications typically take four (4) weeks to process and we will follow-up with you by email. Please be sure to check your email for application updates.
- To request a status update on your application, you may contact the Orange County Housing Helpline at 919-245-2655 or e-mail email@example.com.
The LHA Program helps eligible homeowners cover the increase in property taxes resulting from the 2021 property tax revaluation. To qualify, homeowners must:
· Live in Orange County;
· Earn no more than 80% of the area median income;
· Have lived in their home for at least 10 years; and
· Have experienced an increase in property taxes due to the 2021 tax revaluation.
The LHA Program is accepting applications October 8 through December 15, 2021. All applications must be received by 5:00 PM on December 15 to allow time for processing.
If you need assistance completing the application, please contact the Orange County Housing Helpline at 919-245-2655 or HousingHelp@orangecountync.gov.